At its core, INNOVATION, is the process of developing something new.
Quite often, it is undertaken because the old way simply isn’t working.
Sustainability requires innovation and innovation requires sustainability.
For the Hunter Innovation Festival to continue to thrive as a fruitful orchard for innovators and creative ideas, we all have a duty to make sure the events and activities of the festival have as little impact on the general environment as possible.
Together, we can make an impact and we implore you to support the spirit of our festival, “Sustainability through innovation, making an impact with actions”.
As festival organisers, exhibitors and participants we pledge to:
- Showcase innovations that intend to have a positive impact on sustainability and the environment
- Drive regeneration as an extension of sustainability to revive and renew
- Endeavour to minimise the use of paper and non-recyclable plastic at the festival, including trying to use a reusable water bottle and avoiding single-use packaging
- Take away all the belongings I brought with me and use the bins and recycling facilities at the venue to responsibly dispose of things I don’t need
- Make a commitment to sustainability that I can measure and post my results at next year’s Hunter Innovation Festival 6. Spread the message of “Sustainability through innovation, making n impact with actions”, wherever and whenever you can
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SPIRIT OF THE HUNTER INNOVATION FESTIVAL.